Start a new group
We welcome requests from new or established members to set up new groups
If you opt for group membership and cannot find an established group to suit you, you may choose to set up a new group.
You may know women who would like to form a group with you, or NWR can put you in touch with women near you who may wish to join a new group.
New local organisers receive specific assistance from NWR staff and the members network. A comprehensive handbook detailing over 60 years’ experience of starting new NWR groups is available, and NWR staff are allocated to support efforts and provide materials.
New Local Organiser – the role
- Publicises the group and seeks out members
- Welcomes new members
- Coordinates her group’s activities
- Keeps in regular contact with her Area Organiser and Local Organisers in her area
New Local Organiser – how we help
- Initial briefing and ongoing guidance from her NWR Regional Manager
- Support from her Area Organiser
- Advice and recommendations from other Local Organisers
- The opportunity to attend a Local Organisers Workshop (generally taking place once a year)
- A comprehensive handbook, and access to NWR staff for input and materials
- All expenses paid for her NWR activities