We are a well-established group of like-minded women (circa 25 members) who meet regularly for member led discussions and a range of social activities, but most importantly to provide mutual support and friendship.
Currently, members ages range from the late 50s onwards but we are all active and remain very much young at heart. Members have enjoyed active working lives and bring a wide range of expertise and interests to our meetings.
Meetings are held monthly but on different days of the week throughout the year to provide flexibility for members. This ensures we always have a reasonable gathering each month. We work in groups of three to organise and lead one meeting each year. In addition, we have a bi-monthly music appreciation group and book club as well as the opportunity for members to join a monthly morning coffee and chat session at a local café, a photo of which is included on this page. Members are also welcome to keep in touch via our dedicated Whats App group.
Meetings are mostly held in a members home or at a local venue if we require more space. Whilst we take the subject content of our discussions seriously, meetings are always light hearted and leave one feeling uplifted and wanting to further explore the topic.
Programme for 2024
- January: Theatre Trip
- February: An exploration of Fashion in Art
- March: “Shakespeare and Me” – guest speaker
- April: A review of ‘Women of Note’
- May: The National Trust – love it or loathe it?
- June: Craft Evening
- July: Summer Outing
- August: Exploring the number 10
- September: A virtual tour round Three Benelux countries
- October: Planning 2025 and social evening
- November: NWR Telephone Quiz Event
- December: Christmas Meal – Social evening