Eight of us enjoyed an amiable and uplifting evening sharing our Moments of Joy.
“Joy” – vivid pleasure arising from a sense of well-being and satisfaction.
We discussed our understanding of the term and then each shared examples of what it meant to us.
As ever there was a delightful variety of interpretations. Here is some of what we shared:-
- A home-produced short film of the delights of diving and swimming with fish,
- a captured expression of joy on an ageing parent returning to her treasured seashore on the Isle of Barra,
- a slide show of hobbies and blue skies in an otherwise murky January,
- charming watercolours of a hare and a serene swan painted by one of our number,
- “Adventure Lab” app for short treasure hunts in local small towns and the pleasure of peace and time enjoyed in lockdown,
- family treasured moments after separation and good news shared,
- a tale of nurturing a tiny mouse – showing us to ….“find joy in small things”.